Sunday, April 24, 2011

Best Ever Breakfast Casserole

I modified a recipe from a dish I saw on a cooking show several years ago.  It was way too complicated and had Feta cheese.  This is my version because I'm lazy and I'm not a fan of Feta cheese.  Enjoy!


1 can crescent rolls
1 lb sausage
6 eggs
1 pkg cream cheese
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
  • Layout 1 can of crescent roll dough flat in a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until just done (not brown but not gooey)
  • Brown sausage and drain.
  • Mix sausage with cream cheese.
  • Soft scramble  the eggs, you want them still a little wet
  • Mix with sausage/cream cheese mixture
  • Spoon on top of crescent rolls
  • Top with cheddar*
  • Bake at 350 degrees until cheddar is melted
* you may also top it with crumbled bacon and I like to add some provolone cheese in addition to cheddar

If you like this you might also want to try Sausage and Cream Cheese Crescents.

No comments:

Post a Comment