6 slices bacon
2 packages (10 oz each) frozen sliced okra (unbreaded), thawed
cornmeal for coating (season cornmeal for added flavor)
1 large tomato
1 small to medium onion
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
3 tbsp. oil
- Fry bacon until crisp, set aside.
- Add enough oil to the bacon drippings to fry okra.
- Lightly coat thawed okra in cornmeal.
- Fry okra in oil until cooked through, set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, crumble bacon into okra.
- Chop tomato and onion and stir into okra.
- Mix sugar, vinegar, and oil, make sure sugar is dissolved
- Toss salad with dressing before serving.