1 to 2 packages of corn or flour tortillas.
- cut each of your tortillas into pizza-shaped wedges.
- to speed things up, stack the tortillas in groups of three or four and cut at one time.
- fry your wedges in vegetable oil over medium-high heat for about a minute until golden brown and crispy.
- use a slotted spoon to pull the chips out ,then place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain
- while the chips are still hot, salt to taste.
Other ways to season the chips...
- Chili powder
- Salt & chili powder
- Salt, chili powder & onion powder
- Chili powder, garlic powder & cumin
- Cumin, chili powder & salt
- Cumin, oregano & paprika
- Paprika, cayenne & chili powder
- Salt, red pepper, cumin & curry
- Chili powder, salt, crumbled dried oregano & Monterrey Jack cheese
- cinnamon and sugar (flour chips)